3D laser scannING
The Laser Scanner is a system of digitization using laser technology. It makes a precise 3D reading of surfaces and voluminous objects and digitizes everything found in its sightline. It records millions of points in a few minutes which are rendered in XYZ coordinates. The scatter plots are processed using available CAD software.
Characteristics of our measuring tool:
- Speed: Acquisition of 120,000 points per second
- Measurement uncertainty: Error of linearity + or - 3 millimetres
- Vertical resolution: 0.009° (40,000 3D points over 360°)
- Horizontal resolution: 0.009° (40,000 3D points over 360°)
- Angular resolution (hor/vert): ±0.009°
- Measurement range: 76 metres radius
- Measurement envelop: 360° horizontal and 270° vertical
- Data processing by computer: The digitizing results are seen directly on a Viewer from the manufacturer which is supplied free by TECHNIPIPE, enabling the scatter plot to be manipulated in its original format and measurements to be taken with high accuracy.
- Points files are converted and exported in several formats: vrml, dxf, xyz, xyb igs, pts, ptx, ptc, for reverse design analysis, 3D archiving, dimensional calculations, 3D meshing and for other applications with available CAD software (Pro Engineer, CATIA, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.).
- Mechanical - hydraulic engineering
- Civil engineering
- Digitization of a quarry of 3 hectares and lengthwise profile as part of digital modelling of collapse stopped by ramparts at hill foot
- Volume calculation of an excavation with difficult access
- Process industry